Event time: June 10th, July 1st, July 22nd 14:00 – 16:15
Location: Lucavsala Beach, Riga
Participant age: Children from 10 years old and adults!
Funded by: Riga City Council
Basic principles of safe behavior at and in the water. Conditions for choosing safe swimming areas, rules for rest at and near water. Survival skills in water, actions in emergency situations, helping a person in distress through personal experience, understanding the complexity of task execution.
In the workshop, you will experience and learn:
- accidental immersion in water with all clothes on
- how to get rid of clothes in water
- how to put on a life jacket in water
- how to help a person in distress – “rescue/pull to shore” an adult or child, using specialized
- equipment and techniques.
- relax in the water
- maintain composure and overcome obstacles
- get into a boat or onto a surface (SUP board)
- how to provide first aid
Duration of the workshop is 2 hours 15 minutes.